Petunia's Petals: Art, Photos, Writing, and Dreams

Monday, November 13, 2006

My Favorite Place
by Petunia Moon
Look into their faces
and smile.
You are in
a world of love, wonder, and connection.
You feel a beat in your heart
of warmth for these people.
They are your family,
and little glints of love in their eyes
as they look at you
shows you that they care.
To you, being with them and having fun
is like riding a firefly through inky black forests,
and seeing a fairytale queen as a welcome friend.
The smiles they give you may not be perfect,
but they are unique and meaningful.
When you hug them,
sudden flashbacks of holidays and occasions
gallop in your soul like midnight stallions.
As a young baby,
being sheltered in your family's eye
was the only thing comforting to you.
As you laugh pleasantly with them,
you know that your favorite place to be
is, truly,
with your family.
CMS 2006

5 Comments:

  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger Left-handed Trees... said…

    This made me want to cry...big fat happy tears. You did a beautiful job with your revisions of this piece...even if it doesn't win any prizes, you know it won your sappy old mama over! Thank you for being you...

    Mommy
    xxoo

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Aunt J said…

    C,
    My favorite place to be is with my family too! However, you are able to express it better than I ever could. I am so lucky and proud to have a niece who is such a talented writer! Keep writing, I love reading your work!
    Love, Aunt J

     
  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger Delia said…

    Thank you for commenting on my new poem!

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Laini Taylor said…

    Oh, how much do I love the line about riding a firefly through inky black forests?!? I love it A LOT. And I want to do it. So if you have any well-trained fireflies, send them my way. This poem is wonderful, Petunia Moon. And so is the name 'Petunia Moon'!!

     
  • At 4:03 AM, Blogger [a} said…

    "glints of love" "flashbacks...gallop in your soul"
    Gosh, I love this line:
    "is like riding a firefly through inky black forests"


    You captured exactly how it feels, that overflowing love for family. Keep writing, you have a gift.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home